Sunday, August 12, 2007

Assignment - "Play"


As part of our weekend workshop at the Okanagan Photographic Arts Workshop, I gave myself the same assignment that our participants received. The goal was to produce a thematic body of work that gave a "sense of place" to our site - the Kelowna waterfront at City Park. Prior to shooting, I gave some thought to the theme I wanted to convey - "play". If there is one thing that Kelowna has to offer residents and tourists alike, it is a playground, especially in the summer.


I had anticipated images of adults and their toys - boats, sea-doos, parasailing. And while they were present, I was especially captivated by the children that day. These three images are a selection of some of my favourite images from my presentation to the class.



The workshop itself was a very rewarding experience. I will follow up with an article about it after a good night's sleep!

No comments: