Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Discovering Victoria

I just returned from my first trip to Vancouver Island. I visited Maureen, a friend from Toronto who moved there in January - yes, the invasion continues! The weather was cool, but very cooperative. The trip has supplied me with some fresh material for several blog entries to come! These images were made in and around the Victoria harbour. I had not expected such variety in a relatively small area. These images are of the Empress Hotel, which overlooks the harbour.

We made our approach in the smallest ferry boat I've ever seen!


The cherry blossoms were in their splendour throughout my visit...

And we saw one of the residents of the harbour contemplating life.


This is a sampling for now, I'll be back with more later.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures - it reminds me of when I visited my friend Judi and had high tea at The Empress.