Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Butchart Gardens


One of the highlights of my trip to Victoria was visiting Butchart Gardens. My mother had been there a couple of years ago and described its splendour. I remember she raved about it, but I was blown away by the beauty, especially by "The Sunken Garden", pictured here. It was formerly a rock quarry that was transformed into a lush garden by the quarry owner's wife, once the quarry was no longer being mined.


This fountain is just beyond The Sunken Garden, and the dancing waters are quite spectacular.





No trip to a new area would be complete without capturing the unique character to be found in the trees....

Distinct

Chaotic

Ancient

This is definitely a place to see in all seasons. I will definitely return in the future. Enjoy!


No comments: