Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Glory of a Tree



Trees are one of my favourites subjects to photograph. They don't blink, twitch or talk just as the shutter is tripped! Even when jostled by the wind, a little creativity can go a long way with a tree. Joking aside, I love to photograph trees because each one is distinct. As every picture tells a story, I think that each tree has a story too. This tree grows in Winfield, a lovely community just north of Kelowna. Surrounded by orchards, mountains and open spaces, it cut an impressive figure as we walked down the road. The first time I saw this tree, on Boxing Day, I stopped and made several images. The very next day, we had just enough snow to coat the trunk and thicker branches. As I drove up to the tree, just before dusk, I couldn't help but smile. Nature had taken care of highlighting the intricate branches of this willow as it slept.

No comments: