Monday, October 08, 2007

View from Knox Mountain


Happy Thanksgiving from Kelowna! I'll be heading out with my camera a little later on this beautiful day. These images were taken a couple of weeks ago from Knox Mountain, just minutes from my home. I'm looking south over Okanagan Lake towards Peachland. In the background is Okanagan Mountain Park, which burned in the fires of 2003. In the foreground of the top image is part of downtown Kelowna, including The Grand Resort and Hotel, and Prospera Place where the Kelowna Rockets play and concerts are held. I'm looking forward to seeing Michael Buble there in January.




In the second image, another prominent Kelowna landmark is in view - the lumber mill. The mill is at the base of Knox Mountain. I like that you can see one of the houseboats at the bottom left that populate the bay, just beyond the mill. The day was relatively cool, but must have been good for sailing as the boats were certainly out. The last thing to notice is the new bridge that is under construction. Kelowna is an ever-changing cityscape. It has to be to accommodate the rapid growth as more and more people make this their principal and second residence.


The final image here was taken by swinging my camera around to the right, just in time to catch this woman running one of the trails with her dog. I'm dying to get out there today, so that's all folks! Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments: