Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Exposure!


I have some exciting news! A portfolio of five of my images and an article about my approach to photography has been published in the summer issue of a new magazine, Okanagan Arts. One of my goals for the year was to be published before the Okanagan Photographic Arts Workshops in August, and it was very good fortune that my website crossed the right person's path at just the right time. I am very grateful for the opportunity given to me by Robert Macdonald, editor of Okanagan Arts.


Seeing a magazine like this hit the stands is very encouraging. The Okanagan Valley is full of artists, striving to find a voice and an appreciative audience. A gorgeous publication like this one bodes well for the future. Speaking of the future, I'm going to be bold enough to mention that I am looking for gallery representation, and opportunities to show my work locally throughout the summer. My contact information is on my main site, http://www.lauratucker.com/. It can't hurt to put it out there, can it?

This is the cover of the magazine as seen on the website www.okanaganarts.com:


Well, thanks for checking in! If you want to see an online version of the article, it can be found at the link on the right hand side of the blog. I'm told that the pictures will be added very soon.

No comments: