Thursday, May 31, 2007

Still Moment at Vaseux Lake


The drive from Kelowna south to Osoyoos is filled with many of my favourite places to photograph. When first travelled to the Okanagan Valley in 2004, I was stunned by the fact that the landscape resembled the south-western US, but was north of the 49th parallel. Vasseux Lake is located along Highway 97, just north of Oliver. It is surrounded by impressive canyon-like cliffs.
When I took this photograph, I was chatting on the phone with my sister-in-law Ilean. We were catching up on family stuff, and suddenly the breeze fell still, creating this wonderful reflection on the lake. Knowing that the air would move again at any moment, I quickly ended the call, promising to send the best photo from the spot I was while talking to her. Well, here it is at last!

No comments: